Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that can cause illnesses such as the common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). In 2019, a new coronavirus was identified as the cause of a disease outbreak that originated in China.
The virus is now known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The disease it causes is called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
Cases of COVID-19 have been reported in a growing number of countries, including the U.S. Public health groups, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are monitoring the situation and posting updates on their websites. WHO declared a global pandemic in March 2020. These groups have also issued recommendations for preventing and treating the illness.
Symptoms Of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may appear two to 14 days after exposure and can include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Other symptoms can include:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
The severity of COVID-19 symptoms can range from very mild to severe. Some people have no symptoms. People who are older or have existing chronic medical conditions, such as heart or lung disease or diabetes, may be at higher risk of serious illness. This is similar to what is seen with other respiratory illnesses, such as influenza.
Causes Of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
It’s unclear exactly how contagious the new coronavirus is. It appears to spread from person to person among those in close contact. It may be spread by respiratory droplets released when someone with the virus coughs or sneezes.
It may also be spread if a person touches a surface with the virus on it and then touches his or her mouth, nose or eyes.
Risk Factors For Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Risk factors for COVID-19 appear to include:
- Recent travel from or residence in an area with ongoing community spread of COVID-19 as determined by CDC or WHO
- Close contact with someone who has COVID-19 — such as when a family member or health care worker takes care of an infected person
Complications Of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Complications can include:
- Pneumonia in both lungs
- Organ failure in several organs
Prevention Of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Although there is no vaccine available to prevent infection with the new coronavirus, you can take steps to reduce your risk of infection. WHO and CDC recommend following these precautions for avoiding COVID-19:
- Avoid large events and mass gatherings.
- Avoid close contact (about 6 feet) with anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
- Keep a distance between yourself and others if COVID-19 is spreading in your community, especially if you have a higher risk of serious illness.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands aren’t clean.
- Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household items if you’re sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch on a daily basis.
- Stay home from work, school, and public areas if you’re sick unless you’re going to get medical care. Avoid taking public transportation if you’re sick.
Listed below are the world best nature-based nutrients carefully selected and recommended by our Board of Consultants that will enhance your healthy living and overall wellness. To get the details of each product, click on the image.
For specific product combinations for any specific health conditions, you can contact us directly on +2348156993974 or send an SMS describing your requirements.
You deserve to be pain-free from any health conditions!
TADMOR COMPANY LTD advocates a holistic approach to natural health and wellbeing. The body’s ability and power to heal depends upon the totality of diet, nutrition, lifestyle and environmental factors. The information provided in our article is for information purposes only, it in no way constitutes a medical consultation or medical advice, nor is it intended to be taken as a solicitation to purchase our products.
The products are not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a healthcare provider. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, contact your healthcare provider.