Neolife Smart 8 – Pure Salmon Oil provides all the benefits of one of nature’s richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids, with standardized amounts of all 8 members of the omega-3 family.
- Provides standardized amounts of all eight members of the omega-3 family involved in human nutrition.
- Based on pure, natural salmon oil with specifically selected nutrient molecules from tuna, sardines, and anchovies.
- All sources are screened for more than 200 potential contaminants.
- No hidden sources of vitamins A or D.
- A small capsule makes it easy to swallow.
- For younger children, parental supervision is advised until they can safely and confidently chew or swallow a capsule
It has long been known and proven that omega-3 fatty acids play critical roles in the human diet. In particular, two omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) have been well researched.
Today, the latest scientific research not only continues to validate the important roles of EPA and DHA in human health, but it has also shown that there is a whole family of omega-3 fatty acids, a total of eight, which contribute to optimal human nutrition.
This critically important chain of dietary omega-3 fatty acids starts with ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) and ends with DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), taking six important steps along the way. Each is now known to have its own unique biochemistry and supporting “synergistic” role in human omega-3 nutrition.
Dietary guidelines for many nations around the world including those from the United States Department of Agriculture and Food-Based Dietary Guidelines for South Africans suggest that all adults eat 2-3 servings of fish each week for optimal health.
Unfortunately, the problem for many adults is that they eat very little fish on a consistent basis and rarely meet this important nutritional need.
Large portions of the population go without getting any broad-spectrum omega-3 supplementation for weeks, sometimes months. Not to mention the fact that much of the fish supply is suspect due to environmental contamination.
Pregnant women, who have the highest dietary needs for omega-3 fatty acids, ironically are instructed to limit their fish intake to one serving per week, due to contamination risk.
Currently, there are no formal guidelines for the amount of omega-3 fatty acids that children should consume.
However, the USDA recommends 85-225g of seafood, including fatty fish (such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel) rich in omega-3s, per week depending on the child’s age.
Meeting these recommendations for intakes of omega-3 rich fish per week will equate to approximately 250-500mg of omega-3 fatty acids per day. Despite the importance of omega-3 fatty acids for children, few are getting enough servings of fish in their diet.
Research in South Africa found that children, in general, are eating higher amounts of saturated fats and insufficient amounts of polyunsaturated fats, particularly omega-3 rich sources. This is true even in coastal communities that have greater access to fish potentially rich in important omega-3 fats.
In the rest of Sub Saharan Africa, fish constitutes the lowest source of kilojoules in the family diet.
NeoLife solves the problem of inadequate omega-3 fatty acid intake with Omega-3 Salmon Oil Plus and Smart 8 providing a complete omega-3 profile of salmon oil with all eight members of the omega-3 fatty acid family, assuring complete omega-3 supplementation in every dose.
Why Supplement With Fish Oil Rich In Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
- Fatty fish is the richest source of healthful omega-3 fatty acids, but most of us do not eat the 2-3 servings per week that experts recommend for optimal health.
- Supplementation has been proven to be an effective means of increasing dietary omega-3 fatty acids.
- Omega-3 fatty acids support the optimal function of the body adults who supplement their diets with EPA and DHA have demonstrated greater cognitive function when compared to those who don’t.
- People who do not like fish can get the omega-3 fatty acids they need for optimal health from fish oil supplements.
Why Omega-3 Salmon Oil Plus and Neolife Smart 8 – Pure Salmon Oil?
- Both options are based on pure salmon oil, providing all the benefits of one of nature’s richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- The products include UHPO3 – Ultra High Potency Omega-3 fatty acids – an exclusive NeoLife technology that boosts, stabilizes, and standardizes specific, health-promoting omega-3 fatty acid levels while maintaining the whole food goodness of nature’s salmon oil.
- They are the first supplements of their kind to assure a standardized amount of all eight members of the omega-3 family involved in human nutrition.
- Ingredients in the formulations are derived by “molecular differentiation” – leading-edge technology that selects specific nutrient molecules from tuna, sardines, and anchovies while eliminating or reducing others, delivering unsurpassed potency, purity and consistency.
- The products are safe, with no risk of accumulated toxins. Only the finest, top quality, health-screened, disease-free fish selected for human consumption are used. All sources are screened for more than 200 potential contaminants with an allowable detection limit of ZERO.
- Salmon Oil Plus potency guaranteed to deliver 460mg EPA, 480mg DHA, 50mg DPA, and 80mg mixed omega-3 fatty acids with every 3-capsule serving.
- Omega-3 Salmon Oil Plus potency guaranteed to deliver 153mg EPA, 160mg DHA, 16.8mg DPA, and 26.6mg mixed omega-3 fatty acids with every 2-capsule serving.
- No hidden vitamins A or D.